Zan Atlantean updated Hosting and Maintenance plans
As the web changes, so does our approach to creating and maintaining cutting edge websites. Our goal is to offer you the best services and tools to achieve your business goals by taking a modular approach to our hosting and maintenance plans. It is because of this, that we have created the below a la carte menu, so that you can customize your services according to your needs.
Here is a brief overview of the different services we are developing. Please check out the three options below and feel free to contact your client service representative if you have any questions.
Your site will be hosted on a Virtual Private Server. This means that your site is on its own private environment instead of being thrown onto a server with a bunch of other sites (known as shared hosting). Although cheaper, Shared Hosting carries dangers with it in that if another site on the server is hacked, or takes too many resources, your site will also be vulnerable and suffer.
Basic Hosting: $7.50/mo
- - Automated offsite backups
- - Basic security scan and site performance snapshot
- - Uptime Monitoring: It’s sad to say, but servers can go down for construction. We have advanced warning systems setup that will alert us if your site goes down so we can start fixing the problem before you even notice.
- - Our servers are tuned for WordPress. We focus on one platform to bring you unrivaled expertise
Advanced Hosting: $15/mo
- - All of the features of Basic Hosting
- - Staging Environment for testing layouts, plugins, etc. A Staging environment is a private, password protected, duplicate of your site. With this duplicate, we can test any updates or changes to your site to make sure they don’t interfere with current site features before pushing them live to your production environment site.
Updates keep your site in line with modern browsers, secure against attacks, and introduce new features from plugins. Our update process takes a snapshot of the site and data before the update to make sure no functionality is lost.
Monthly Updates: $10/mo
- - Update wordpress core, plugins, and theme
Bi-weekly Updates: $15/mo
- - The same as the Monthly Update plan, but every other week to keep your site on the cutting edge
Core Updates: ~$300/yr
- - Update WordPress core, plugins, and themes only when there is a new major update to WordPress (going from version 4.3 to 4.4, for example).
- These are scheduled to happen four times per year. Because of the quantity of changes that occur between each major version, we can’t make a confident estimate for the labor involved (but it will probably cost about $74 each time)
Three: Performance Tuneup: $15/mo
This service adds an extra layer of attention to the stock hosting service by evaluating the site’s performance and keeping security measures up to date.
- - Speed and performance evaluation
- - Password updates
- - Database optimization